[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Ok, so Hi there ... and NICE WORK!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Ok, so Hi there ... and NICE WORK! 

Post Ok, so Hi there ... and NICE WORK!
Oh hi!

Ok, so HI FOLKS! I'm Luny. I'm pretty new to gwauctions here, but I've been playing GW off and on for more than five years now and trading off and on for probably over three years now. Some people have already recognized me from other sites where I tend to use LicensedLuny. I opted for the shorter version when registering here because it was only ever that long from places where you couldn't use as few as four characters.

Sorry this isn't my first post here. I don't normally bother posting on introduction threads/sections, as I don't normally bother reading them either. I mean no offense whatsoever by that - it's just not normally "me" to do so. In fact, the real reason I'm posting this at all is because I didn't see a better place to say ...

WOW! Nice work on the auction site!

Seriously, this is incredibly nice execution of website-facilitated GW trading! I heard about this place from other players. Coming to check it out, I found it remarkably easy to browse and search both active auctions and the price history database. Extra internet points to you folks for leaving that feature there! The lack of price history left on some other popular trading sites drives me (more) nuts on a regular basis. Once I registered and got to listing stuff, I found that process really intuitive, too! The only minor stumble I had was making sure I understood how to shut my unsold listings down before trading them in-game. Admittedly, my reservations there were mostly due to past experiences with other systems where doing such things was pretty complicated if not impossible. Suspend and delete here worked easily and exactly like I thought they did - I just wanted to double-check to be sure I understood in case there were hidden glitches lurking to trip me up. I haven't found any such hidden glitches lurking here! :) More kudos for having what seems to be a really stable host here - I haven't yet had any slow loading issues at all.

You've made it so elegant, simple and easy to use. I know creating things that way is far from easy, and when you get it right there's a system where the end users don't even notice the work supporting it. I hope I'm far from the only one who recognizes your accomplishment here and appreciates it.

So, long story short - my sincere compliments to whomever among you set this up in the first place and all of you who work and help to keep it working! +1 internet point to all of you!

Is there somewhere here we can look to find out exactly who it is that deserves such compliments? I looked but didn't find it. Whoever you are - you deserve credit!

Thanks very much for your effort!

Cheers,
Luny

PS - If you do know me from one of the other sites and refuse to trade pixels with me for whatever reason, that's fine. If you send me a PM here or in the auction system with your ID there, I'll do my best to make note of it and not put you in an awkward situation by bidding on any of your listings. On my honor, I won't take it personally nor would I engage in anything retaliatory.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:32 am
Staff

Post Re: Ok, so Hi there ... and NICE WORK!
Hi & Welcome

Catch you on the flip side

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Thank you for the Kudos.

You can look up the List of Staff (all of us voluntary and generous of time and effort!) from the main Menu but it doesn't tell you the history.

The website is owned and developed by Maarten. He was helped by an early member, Tom (SoquedHozi) in testing and further developing the website.

Then I joined the Staff and suggested a lot of the visible (and invisible) major benefits like Price Records and a whole host of tricks and treats (so many I can't remember them all but the discussions are viewable on the Forum).

After me came Anna (EvilStepQueen) and last but not least, Chris (Wombat). We three are the current Moderators and, like Sid from "Ice Age", we are the sticky, gluey stuff that keeps the Herd together! ;)

That all said, the best thing about this website is some of the members who you would hardly be aware of they are so quiet ... they are there, mainly selling, never any bother and just quietly trading. Some of them have been using the website longer than me AND without them the Site would not be anything like the success that Maarten first envisioned.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Thank you for the compliments ;)

Indeed, I started building this site after trying out another online auction site. I was highly disappointed though, and I didn't have much else to do at the time so I started building GW Auctions. After we first opened doors, suggestions kept pouring in (not the least from Bearz ;) ) until it is what it is now.

Of course, it couldn't have been successful without all the members selling their stuff to each-other, and above all the selfless effort of the staff members who keep the site running smoothly. :wub:

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm
Profile E-mail