[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Builds?
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am

Builds? 

Post Builds?
I realize that there is http://www.pvxwiki.com for builds and all, but I wonder: Is there a good place to talk about builds on here? Would that be a problem? Just to discuss the effectiveness of certain farming builds, such as the "55 InvinciMonk" build.

I only bring it up because I'm having trouble doing any real damage with that build and it's not really doing me any good for farming...even Skelly Farming!! :angry:

I already have the "Totem Axe" and the "Grim Cesta -50 h.p.", however, I still lack the elite "Shield of Judgment". Is that skill really tantamount to the build being super-successful? The axe doesn't do me any good considering I don't have the req.9 Axe Mastery so...? :( I'm just confused I suppose...

I'm into the PvE adventure scene than the PvE farming scene, but I still wanna try it and hopefully master the art of farming...Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome...

Otherwise, I guess Bearz or Maarten can just pull this post if they don't want me to discuss those topics on our GWAuctions forum...

Thanks... 8)

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Post Re: Builds?
I think offtopic is a better forum for this kind of duscussion, but it's certainly allowed.

As to your question itself, yes, Shield of Judgement is the main damage dealing skill in most M/Any 55 builds. A different approach is to take a SS necromancer along with you to deal the damage. But if you want to do it solo, you either need Shield of Judgement or another excellent damage dealing skill.

The axe isn't used to deal damage but to extend your enchantments by 20% and the +5 energy boost. With your enchantments lasting longer you have to cast less, so you save energy. It also extends Shield of Judgement just that bit longer to increase your damage output, since you can't maintain that one.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail

8) Thanks a bunch Maarten. 8)

I just won the auction for an Elite Monk Tome, so "SoJ" is in the bag. I just have to collect and maybe, finally, hopefully...I'll be able farm w/ a 55 build. *Fingers Crossed*

Is there any other tried and true farming builds that are easy to setup and run?

How about running builds? I'm not interested in running people for money, I just want to get my wife and myself through certain areas. I want to setup a Warrior runner and I'll have to setup an Elementalist so...

The Warrior build is the one I'm having trouble with setting up...
The Elementalist build is easier with "Mist Form" w/ some Ranger running skills, although I've heard that a Fire/Water build ("Flame Djinn's Haste" & "Mist Form") works well.

I guess those "Red Rock Candies" would take care of the movement speed issue w/o having to set certain skills to do it.

Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me, so I figured I'd ask...

Thanks for the help again, Maarten... :D

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail

To answer your other tried and trued builds question......Psst, Permasin. :D

To Maarten: I think this is a great topic and it probably shouldn't be tucked down in the offtopic section. How about a new forum for general gameplay questions? It would be nice to have a forum like that where we could post stuff like builds questions or asking for help and advice with certain missions or even just organizing a gwauctions pug for FOW.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Or DoA while we're at it :wub: Or UW. Already cleared FoW you see :P

But you maybe be right. A forum for general Guild Wars discussion would do. I do object to the term "tucking down in offtopic". Offtopic sections are generally my favourite sections you know :o

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile E-mail

This is awesome, I agree w/ TheRaven except, I don't care where the post is...I've got some people talking and I think that is just coooool... 8)

To TheRaven: I have a Lvl. 20 A/W and I have already gotten the elite "Shadow Form",
I bought the tome from GWA!!! :D So where do I go from there...

It looks like ANet nerfed the crap outta "Shadow Form" and I'm not really comfortable with the whole "losing all but 40 something of your Health" thing...I realize that you need a 20% enchantment weapon, but what else is necessary to make the build run smoothly?

I figure the "Runes of Attunement" and "Radiant Insignias" play a big role in armor modification.

But alas, I'm an A/W not an A/E, therefore I won't be able to use "Glyph of Swiftness" and therefore, I'm just not sure how to make the Warrior part play, I'll probably have to "Ascend" in order to change him into an Ele secondary.

What do you guys think?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

How's about a great Healer's build? Any suggestions on the skills needed?

I realize there are many different types of healers, I'm just wondering about a healer's overall favorite setup. I'm sure "Word of Healing" comes into play, but I like "Light of Deliverance" as well.

Plus, what about a Smiter's build? Is "Signet of Judgement" better or worse than "Shield of Judgement"? Or does it all depend on the player's preferences? I know "Shield of Judgement" comes in handy for the 55 InvinsiMonk, which I'm still having trouble mastering. Does it work well in an all around Smiter's build?

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions later.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Well for the Permasin, yes you need to get the appropiate weapons and runes to make it work as well as the right skillbar. A warrior secondary won't cut it. You must be an A/E or A/Me. You can find the exact bars on www.pvxwiki.com, there are several variations. Personally I think the Ele version is easier to run than mesmer.

Don't worry about the health loss when SF ends. That's why it's called Permasin. SF never ends if you do it right. It takes a bit of practice, but you'll get the hang of it. I use the build mainly on the raptor cave and the energy boost while in Asuran territory really helps out alot.

For weapons, you'll need a Zealous weapon with a 20% enchanting mod. Let me stress, you...will....need...these...mods! Don't attempt without the 20% enchant boost. You can use Zealous daggers or a staff with the enchant mod and extra energy. I prefer an Earth staff if I'm running a sliver build.

For runes, you need full Radiant and a Superior Shadow rune. You must have Shadow Arts at 16 points and the more energy you can get, the better it works.

Now for monks, well I suck at monking and I haven't tried 55'ing much yet either. You're either a healer or you're not. I'm not.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:40 am
Profile E-mail

well if your refering to the smiter as in a 600/smiter then neither of those skills is used
you go secondary necro and carry blood is power as ur elite
you have 2 different head pieces one prot and one smite each with a sup rune of the aprouperete type(yes i know my spelling sux :P )
and your bar would be
blood is power...
purge signet...
blessed signet...
vital blessing...
life attunement...
retribution...
holy wrath...
rebirth...

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 am
Profile E-mail

These are the kind of "Threads" I like being a part of, as well as, having a hand in it's creation. Anyway, Thank you for the advice, clarification, suggestions, ideas, clarification ( ;) repeat I know...just accentuating the point I suppose), and comments...Anyway, I digress...

I would love to have a "Thread" based on a collection on the "how's" and "where's of" certain builds. PvXWiki is important to establish a connection outside of, but created by the "GuildWars".

Here's why...They don't really discuss the builds enough for Beginner/Intermediate players, and by that I mean: "Showing/Explaining the excecution of the build for Intermediate players of Guild Wars. I'm one of them. Maybe this can be it.

The PVXWiki is a great resource for acquiring the skills and Insignia/Rune suggestions of build-makeup. However, the site lacks greatly in the area of "Execution of the Build" and "Best Map/Area Location for Build".

Continued...Next

Last edited by Stitch on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail