[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Builds?
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Builds? 

Post Re: Builds?
Responses: (cont. from prev. post)

1.)TheRaven: Hello again, fine trader of wares...We meet again...

You're right "Ascension" is needed very badly for my Sin. I was already set on being an A/E, it fits well with your suggestion. If you wouldn't mind, would you tell me what variation of A/E you like the best? If I need to look at it, please include it's PvXWiki page (search) name. That would be excellent. I have Zealous Daggers of Fortitude w/ an Energy +5 (^50%). I also have a set of Daggers that have the Enchant +20%, as well as, "Shiro's Blades". I know, I know, "Shiro's Blades are a Req. 13 (Dagger Mastery). To my defense they look totally awesome, (also purchased for here from a wonderful person) and they're Vampiric; which kinda throw me off...but they're still awesome to look at. I wasn't aware about the 16 in "Shadow Arts", so that's one of the many things I will take care of...

As far as "Monking" goes, I a good healer in PvE, I'm not sure about PvP. I assume I'll lose a bunch of times and people are going to stop helping me. I will keep practicing w/ the 55Monk, just maybe, someone will post a better spot other than North/West out of "Bergen Hot Springs".

Or they might just tell me what they recommend during that small farming run along the Southern land of "Nebo Terrace"; All the while heading West, you kill all the "Undead" throughout the run. You then run through the Portal. Once zoned into the "Cursed Lands" you can proceed any direction...It's a relatively small map it is crawling w/ "Undead". Kill all of those and then run through the Portal for the "Black Curtain", top Portal is preferable. You then zone back to "Cursed Lands" then through "Nebo Terrace" onto "Bergen Hot Springs". This usually nets an almost full to full inventory worth of useless sellable crap to be pawned off at the merchant or salvaged into regular and rare crafting materials.

2.) fate1985: First of all, thanks for the heads up about the skill list. As well as, thank you for the skill list and Insignia/Runes List. I kinda figured on having a +20% Enchant mod. Second, what is the mechanics of working this build to it's max potential. How about, what is the most-efficient (lazy to a certain degree) way of operating the build in a group? I will try this build out intensely, I'll try anything Once...Twice & Thrice if necessary. I do like the "600/Smiter" build, it was my favorite when I looked through . I really looking for someone to recommend it before I invested all money...If you can tell me roughly how to run that build in order for it to work properly, I would appreciate it very much....

Think on that GWA Public...
More to Come your way very soon...

I just hope this intrigues people and they feel complelled to comment in an intelligent manner or ask questions themselves....

Just Awesome!!!
Thanks for reading, I hope it didn't make your eyeballs comes out. I realize that you hold your breath waiting for me...LMAO...sorry...sorry...couldn't resist...

HappyGuildwars
Stitch/Draeden Maxim

Thank you... 8)

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Questions about builds and such are perfect for this forum, but I think to keep it searchable it would be best to start a new thread when you start a new question. That also leaves the possibility to reply more to the same question than when 3 different questions have been posted in between. This thread is fine as it is, since the Perma Shadow Form was introduced as an alternative to the 55, basically turning it into a invincible farming build thread. But for example, when you would like to discuss a nuke build, a new topic is probably best :)

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 pm
Profile E-mail

stitch....feel free to contact me in game and i could not only ping you the 600 and smite builds(for Cof/SoO/Rragars/and Kath)but i could show you my armor and equipment
i'd also be able to take you into Cof and not only explain the builds but show them in use
IGN:Follower Of Fate

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:17 am
Profile E-mail

Ok, let me start by saying I'm not an expert at the Permasin build. There are people that can clear the Underworld and farm bucketfuls of ectos with these builds in a few hours. I'm not that person. I'm not much of a farmer, period. I prefer to just play the game and earn my money that way. I use 1 variation of the permasin build strictly to farm the raptor cave during holiday drops and that's it. The energy boost you get while in Asuran territory makes this a lot easier.

Stitch, I have a few questions for you.
1. Do you own all 4 games?
2. Have you completed all 4 games with at least 1 character?

If you answered no to either question, then I'd encourage you to continue on with the campaigns first and think about farming later. Going thru a campaign will teach you a lot of tips and tricks that you will be able to use to farm later. You said that your assassin is not yet ascended. Ascension comes fairly early in the Factions campaign. If you are not to that point yet, then you have a ways to go. Concentrate on learning your assassin skills.

Ok, with that said, onto the build. You mentioned that you had 2 separate daggers. 1 with a Zealous mod and 1 with an enchanting mod. That won't work. You need a set of Zealous daggers of enchanting, period. Not 2 separate weapons. However, the build I use relies on Sliver Armor for my damage and not dagger attacks. So for the raptor cave, I'm carrying an Earth Staff of Enchanting with +20 energy. You need that 20% enchanting mod. There's no getting around it.

I use Glyph of Swiftness, Deadly Paradox and Shadow Form. These 3 skills are required for the Ele version of the Permasin. Cast them in that order and keep casting them whenever SF is about end and SF will never end. It costs 30 energy to cast all 3 so make sure you have the available energy when you need it. The other 5 skills on the bar are flexible. Experiment and use what works for you. Bring different skills depending on the area you are clearing. You can use a dagger chain or Ele skills.

There was a recent nerf to SF. It doesn't last as long as it used too but it recharges faster. Basically, it used to work like this.
Cast SF chain...kill...attack...kill...kill....attack...attack....kill....kill....attack....Cast chain...kill...attack...kill...kill....attack...attack....kill....kill....attack....Cast SF chain...kill...attack...kill...kill....attack...attack....kill....kill....attack....Cast SF chain...kill...attack...kill...kill....attack...attack....kill....kill....attack....

Now its more like

Cast SF chain...kill...attack...Cast SF chain...attack......Cast SF chain...attack...ACCCK...Cast SF chain (whew)...attack...kill......Cast SF chain...attack...killl...killl.......Cast...ARRRGH DANG IT!!!!.....dead

If you're interested I can show you my build for the raptor cave ingame and take you along on a run so you can see how it works.

However, you've mentioned before that you play the game with your wife. I think you should look more into the 600/smiter duo monk build. That's a strong team farm build that you and your wife could use together. The permasin is more of a solo thing.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Answers for TheRaven:

1.) Yes, we both do...
2.) No, we haven't played long enough to have beaten all of the games yet...The closest I have is a Prophesies based Warrior who has beaten Prophesies and Factions...Her's is a Prophesies based SF Nuker Elementalist with the same accomplishments...We're currently working towards the end of Nightfall, as well as, GW:EN at the same time with these two characters...Once that is done we can concentrate on our other characters...And believe me we got plenty of characters with plenty to do and no where near the time to do it like the pro's do...We're amateurs at GW and MMORPG's, GW was our first, I never liked WoW (too expensive)...But I grew up during the AD&D days, that's A.dvanced D.ungeons & D.ragons for those who don't know or are too young...

The PermaSin being a solo farming build w/ runner implications is what I'm looking for...I will need to Ascend, as I said earlier it just might take a few days to get to it... :P

I would love to get some friendly guidance and will happily take you up on your offer Raven...Thank you! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer & Reply to fate1985:

I would love to see the build and your armor/weapons setup if you would be so kind as to share it, I would also like to have the help/training that you offer...Thank you too fate1985! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't need to ask these questions if I had joined a PvE oriented guild, however, I had to go and start my own guild so I lack the public environment of having knowledgeable guildies around to answer my myriad of questions, so thank you all for helping me in this manner... 8)

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:23 am
Profile E-mail

Hi there Stitch,

I to can show you a A/E build for the Raptor cave. I could ping you the build, show you the equipment I use, and explain/show you how to use it. Please feel free to add me in GW if you are interested :)

IGN: Ms.Shrimpson

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Thank you liljen82, I will add you and the help would be appreciated... 8)

Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:32 am
Profile E-mail