[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Cartography help...
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:12 am

Cartography help... 

Post Cartography help...
I'm working on my Canthan Cartography title. I've got 97.3% done. w00t!

I'm having a hard time locating the areas I need to "wall walk" next. Does anyone have any tips, ideas, or untilities that would help?

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Cartography help...
I used texmod with the Cartography made Easy set of mods. These highlight the "fogged" areas so you can see exactly what you're missing. Likely it's a little bit here and there. You can find links to texmod on gw wiki.

Some ideas for areas you may have missed:
Do the Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood missions. I picked up my last percentages there.

Try the Eradon Terrace Glitch for more area. I never did this but made it to 100% anyways. Supposedly there is a way to reach the Alliance only area here, but I never got it to work.

There are some nooks and crannies in Arborstone that you may have missed.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Arborstone
I spent a good two hours roaming around in Arborstone on hard mode and actually uncovered a full 1%. I was pretty stoked about that.

Texmod doesn't violate the EULA?

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Nope, there is a link to download it on the Official wiki.

Gaile Grey once stated that they were fine with it. Her comments were along the line that it's a harmless mod as long as you're just using it to change the appearance of things ingame but just don't call support if it messes up your computer. You can create mods to make your weapons or armor appear different. However you're the only one that can see the change. It doesn't affect others gameplay at all.

The cartography mod just changes the appearance of the foggy areas on your map. It basically is comparing your map to a fully uncovered 100% map that the mod creator has. The unreachable areas are a solid color and won't show on your map. Your uncovered areas are open and look the same as they do normally. Your fogged areas also look uncovered but with a grey haze over them. They really stand out on the map. You'll have no trouble seeing where they are.

Don't think this is an easy cheat to the Carto title. You still need to do the work. You can tell that there's a big patch of fog around the Nahpui Quarter area, but you still need to work to uncover it. How do you get to that foggy area? Do you go thru Nahpui Quarter, or perhaps it's reachable from the Sunjiang Mission, or maybe you need to approach it in the Shenzun Tunnels.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail

That is good to know. Thanks.

I don't mind doing the work to reach the areas to uncover. I just need something to point me in the right direction to do it. Besides the work I have to do to get to those areas usually pays off in the form of a great screen shot or l3w7! I need another 25 plat for my Elite Kurzick armor anyways, so the cartography grinding is not a big deal, not to mention skill caps and a whole range of other benefits.

WoW never gave me the satisfaction of title grinding that Guild Wars has. Hopefully it will carry over to GW2.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail

there are some tricks to get extra % for ur title. just search on youtube. i think doombox made a vid about cartographer, portal jumping is what it called i think. youtube anyway;)

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Thanks for all the help.
Texmod was what I needed. It took me another few days but I finally got the Canthan title.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Cartography help
I unfortunely can not make it on tonight until 8:30 server Im sorry, but i have to work some of the days of the week. If you replace I will understand, but if you would like to stil help, 8:30 server is the earliest I can be on tonight. Good Luck

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail