[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Armor
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Armor 

Post Armor
Hi all,
I changed my Necro's armor yesterday, from Shing jea to the Asuran armor
and for some weird reason i seem to get killed a lot easier now.

Prior to changing yesterday, i was running all of over Rata Sum collecting
asura points and i was taking on groups of Raptors, Ceratadons etc etc
with no probs ( i was even standing right in the middle of the raptors and
not dying).

I purchased the asuran armor and then built it up identically to the Shing jea
(the same runes/insigs etc) and then went out on the same run, and
before i knew it i was dead.
So i went back to the town and came out again and then died really quickly again.
I do'nt understand why this is, as i always use a set team of henchies/heroes for this area
and my skill set is always the same.

I'm assuming that all armor is the same, just different looks ?
(obviously armor rating aside, but this doesnt play a factor at max armor rating)

I dont know if anyone has any ideas on this ?

Cheers

J

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Armor
2 possibilities come to mind.

1. Did you apply the exact same runes/insignias to your Asuran armor that you had on your Shing Jea armor? It could make a big difference.

2. Was the Shing Jea armor max armor? I know Asuran armor is max. I know this sounds silly but there are builds where starter armor/low level Shing Jea armor is preferable to max armor. Are you running a 55 Necro build? When I run a 55 monk, I bring starter armor.

Yeah, I know. It sounds wrong that starter armor is better than max, but it is. :S It also defies logic that you can survive better with 55 health than with 500 health, but well you know how that works. :P

If you aren't running a 55 and you've placed the same runes/insignias on the Asuran armor then the armor isn't your problem (unless you left town half-dressed. :o ) and you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Raven,
Thanks for the response :)

Yes the Shing Jea armor was max, and i have double checked
and the 2 sets of armor are identically set up with runes etc.

It is a bit weird as i am running the same skill set/weapons as with the previous armor.

I have only been playing a few months, so this is why i wondered if different types of armor
had some kind of different effects etc by default.
Mind you on saying that i have had no probs with my warrior which also uses the asuran armor.

Maybe i overdid it with "Order of Pain" on that particular run :D

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail

i have used 2 the 2 different arnmour sets in the past, no probs for me.
2 problems i can think of:
A; different wepon/shield combo
B; you accidently got a different headpiece?

frozen

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail

I think what i was doing is overdoing it with the 2 blood magic skills that i use.
I was using Order of pain and Enfeebling which i've read correctly from the wiki,
would make me sacrifice 27% , which will explain why i was dying so easily.
(the problem is that i play on my own as i'm not a great fan of the whole
guild thing, so i'm having to learn these thinsg the hard way)

I've now switched my build about a bit and i now use Mark of Pain, which combined
with Spiteful Spirit causes massive amounts of damage :D

Thanks again guys for the replys.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail

My Mains:-
Legindary Flush - Wa/Mo - Healing Flush - Mo/Ra and Deadly Flush Ass/Nec
Am Byth Guild [xxx]

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey Flush,
Sorry i havent replied sooner.

I did keep the armor for a while, but i pulled all the runes etc off
for some of my heroes.
My armor as it stands now is:

Head: Stalwart & Sup Curse
Body: Radiant & Attunemnet
Gloves: Bonelace & Minor Blood
Leggings: Radiant & Attunement
Boots: Undertakers & Major Vigor (to tight to pay for sup vigor ! :D )
Seems to work ok for me.

I use a Deldrimor Curses Staff which gives me +60 Health and 10 Energy.

I havent had any probs in any areas, and i just make sure i stay behind
Olias's minions and use Hexers Vigor if do run low on health.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 am
Profile E-mail