[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Looking For Alliances
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Looking For Alliances 

Post Looking For Alliances
Hi.
I hope i have posted this in the right place? Sorry if i havnt my 1st post....

I have made my 1st Guild, I have all expansions Inc Eye of the North.

I'm looking for alliances to join my guild (I am the only Guild member at the moment untill i know what im doing).
To help me with advice, tip's, questions, which i can then pass onto the members i invite into my guild, but I want & NEED to be a Guild Master to look up to, in my eyes a Guild Leader is the best of the bast & knows everything, or almost everything, which is why i am the only Member in my Guild untill i can give advice, i want to be someone looked up to.

I have 3 years gameplay experience, but most of that has been solo w Henchmen/Heroes to help me, everthing I have done i have had to learn the hard way, which is why im looking for a teacher of kinds, which will give me the power to answer that question everythime it is esked np's.

UNDERSTAND?
I'm Welsh & have slightly bad English...

Look foward to reading your replies.

Chat soon:-->
XoXoX

My Mains:-
Legindary Flush - Wa/Mo - Healing Flush - Mo/Ra and Deadly Flush Ass/Nec
Am Byth Guild [xxx]

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Looking For Alliances
Well, to be brutally honest, it's tough to start a guild nowadays. This game is over 4 years old and most people are already in established guilds. Recruiting will take a lot of hard work. I agree with you that a Guild Leader should be a leader. There are a lot of "kiddie" guilds ingame that go nowhere. They are started by 12 or 13 year old kids that think it will be fun to have a guild but don't realize what's involved with putting together a top ranked guild.

First, sit down and determine what sort of guild you want to create. Do you want a PvP guild? PvE only? Farmer's Guild? Do you want just a fun guild for you and a few friends or are you trying to grow a huge guild with lots of active members? What rules will your guild have?

When you first start recruiting you'll run into a lot of scammers. Most of us won't give the beggars in town the time of day. If we see a whiny kid in LA begging someone to give him a free gold sword, we ignore him. However if a guildie asks for a free sword to help with a build, we'll give him one. Scammers take advantage of this. They'll join your guild, pretend to be helpless noobs and ask you to run them thru a bunch of missions, give them gold for armor, give them mats for armor, give them free weapons then they leave the guild after sucking you dry. How are you going to handle this?

Other scammers will pretend to be your friend for a few weeks. After they've joined and gained your trust, they'll ask for your e-mail to "send you a screenshot". They then assume that e-mail is your username and use a pw generator to hack your account. Others will beg for an officer position then use the position to kick all members and disband the guild. How will you handle this?

In another post you stated that you spend most of your time in WoW, Aion and other games and that GW is just a side game for you that you don't play much. If that's the case, then do you really want to be a Guild Leader? I think you may just be happier in a larger guild where you can hook up with guildies for missions and such when you feel like it. However if you do want to pursue your own guild then be prepared to spend some hours recruiting and maintaining it. Good Luck to ya.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

The Wombats [UK]

Guild over 2 years old with helpful players. We have full Guild Hall : Ventrilo : Web page : We are Kurzicks, Part of Alliance, Manly PvE, Faction points NOT required but have having fun is, come and join the fun.

Bergenbier Is Made In [BLAJ]= The Flame Of Ash = Alliance Leader

Hi Ash is our Alliance Leader we are made up by manly Traders on GWAuctions come and join us

Wombat

IGN:- Wombat The One

Catch you on the flip side

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

And an excellent Alliance it is with many of the people from the different Guilds getting together and doing things they might not do alone! :)

And, of course Bearz, is there watching and being a well-behaved Bearz. ;)

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Am Byth Guild [xxx]

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 am
Profile E-mail

Am Byth Guild [xxx]

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 am
Profile E-mail

Am Byth Guild [xxx]

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:32 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Hi picture on signature :- first you need a pic max 100kb, 100 x 100 pixels then save / go to GW Auction / left hand side / settings / Avatar / browse / go to bottom / press change to save

cool looking signatures takes a bit of work but looks very nice
http://guildwars.arnapou.net/titres.php

Wombat
Guild Leader
The Wombats [UK]

Catch you on the flip side

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:37 am
Profile E-mail