[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - The Bison Cup
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 pm

The Bison Cup 
Staff

Post The Bison Cup
I have had a "The Bison Cup" for a long time and wondered what value it has me keeping it or whether I should auction it?

The thing is, I see some people have paid as much as 10k for a "The Bison Cup" on GW Auctions which just seems utterly silly as it is only a +6 Energy Focus Item but, because of the "normal" 9 Requirement, is of no real use to a new character and certainly of no use to a Lvl20 character?

Can anyone enlighten me to what is the purpose of having such a 'pig in the poke' item? Am I not seeing something about the item that I need to know about?

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: The Bison Cup
Well, for me the Armor +5 (while Health is above 50%) mod is crap. So there is no way I would put more than 1-2k in it.
The look also is quite horrible imo.
The only interesting things is that it's a multi char focus as the requirements are several attributes.

People buying it for 10k must then put it on a shelf ^_^

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:13 am

Never used, nor wanted the Bison Cup...Seems like an awful waste of gold...but ANet had to give us something for the quest/mini-tourney I suppose!

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:05 am
Profile E-mail

I think it's handy. I use it amongst my heroes. Versatile in that sense.

I wouldn't drop 10k into it though. I'd be happy to sell it for that much. I've got 3 now.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:16 am
Profile E-mail

people buy it????

you get it for the first time completing the tourney as well as 3 norn skills. Ive already deleted 4 of them and if i wanted it again i got another 10 characters that can do it

as for useless i bet quite a few people thought that of the -50 cesta for a while too.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Sure did, I remember I deleted my first one before I even knew about 55-ing, over 4 years ago now :p

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm sure that GW enmasse will figure out something to do w/ the Bison Cup. Whatever that is, I don't know...

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail