[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Composite Auction Items
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Composite Auction Items 
Staff

Post Composite Auction Items
Up until now we have always steered people away from offering composite auction items, i.e. items that are a multiple and do not stack in the GW game.

The only exception has been "Consets" which list the EotN booster items and "4 Map Pieces" which have always been assumed to be 4 different EotN Map Pieces.

However, it has been suggested that a "4 Map Piece" item was offered and proven to be exactly what was on the label but not the expected 4 different Map Pieces!

Map Pieces in the GW game only stack if like-for-like and so I suggest we adopt good practice of reverting to the commonly accepted rule-of-thumb that "apart from the commonly known collectable item referred to as a 'Conset', multiple items offered for auction should only be listed if they appear as a stacked item in the in-game item panel", e.g. 250 Spiced Eggnogs is acceptable as an auction item but 4 different Map Pieces should only be listed as 4 individual auction items unless they are 4 of the same Map Piece.

I am happy to go with the flow and my only observation is that I am not going to revisit "Unstackable Unidentified Items" as my objection to that is that they do not stack and being "unidentified" there is room for disputes which IS avoided by the current ban on Composite Unidentified Item auctions (and which has been discussed in depth elsewhere on the Forum already!).

Maarten's and Members thoughts please?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Composite Auction Items
I have no problems with consets and a set of 4 map pieces being sold as a set. Those are often sold as sets in game even though they are not stackable. Perhaps it should be advised that people set a description of what a conset is and what they are bidding on when they sell those items as a set? If a person is looking for a conset (or map pieces) It is a lot easier for those people to SEARCH for Conset or a map set rather than naming each piece individually. Just my thoughts.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 pm

nah this is me :)

I went to buy a 'set' of map pieces for my mule account we upgraded at christmas, but was confronted by auctions for individual map pieces (with part definers ... ie top right) which was ok, but there was 3 - 4 auctions for 4 pieces and one for a wopping 20 pieces, but not one had notes to say they were full sets or random pieces.

Really they should have a note to say "this is a full set for Koris" or be listed like the consets are, all the pieces in the box

For all I know if I bought from that 20 piece auction I could have 5 lots of complete sets or just 20 pieces which may or may not have a complete set in them.

And if you enter into a sale with just 4 pieces, no note to say its 4 different pieces, they could , in all essence, sell you 4 of the same piece and still stay within the guidelines on site.

In the end I bid on 3 seperate piece auctions then went to another french GW auction site to buy the 4th... as I had no confidence in those un-noted auctions.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail

20 map piece set wasnt ....it was dungeon maps :wub:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail

maybe it would be better to list like this

Last edited by MelheiHaemathet on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Because of the discussion about the 4 map pieces and because i do have a 4 map pieces enlisted. I edited the auction.

4 Map Pieces
Top left, Bottom left, Top right, Bottom right
Quest item
Koris Deeprunner may be interested in this

I would think that this would be a good solution?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

You could of course put the line "Top left, Bottom left, Top right, Bottom right" in the Owner's Comment box. That would maintain the status quo but add valued information to the individual auction - if no comment then it is Bidder beware perhaps? :uhh:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Perhaps we could agree that Sellers may continue to list "4 Map Pieces" as a composite item but, unless they mark the Owner's Comment Box with advice that the item is all four separate map pieces or not as the case may be, Moderators will return any such items for the Owner's Comment Box to be used to clarify the compositition of the listed item?

That would be the simplest and least laborious way to achieve a balance between Sellers and Buyers expectations and avoid any disputes arising. ;)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 am
Profile E-mail

Sounds good Bearz :)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 am