[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Composite Auction Items
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:12 am

Composite Auction Items 
Staff

Post Re: Composite Auction Items
if you need a set have over 20 sets on a mule

Catch you on the flip side

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:42 am
Profile E-mail

could you have one auction as '4 different map pieces' and another as '4mixed map pieces'. this will mean you can still list 4 map pieces, but it will clarify what type they are.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Frozen,

The problem lies with accuracy of the Price Records which depends upon accurate Item Names/Item Data in the first place.

It is to my my mind one of the reasons that Items should exactly replicate the in-game Item - name for name and item panel for item panel. We let "Consets" stand because they are they are (generally speaking) a static price and very much a case of people knowing why and what they are buying.

"4 Map Pieces" I have always assumed to be 4 different Map Pieces but this was the first time that someone moved the goal posts (that I know of!) and I now realise that we should have kept to just "Consets" being the only composite item we allowed and 4 Map Pieces should have been sold as separate/individual items - that way the Seller would see each item and bid for exactly what they wanted - item name and item panel being accurate and buy 4 Map Pieces to make up their set.

However, closing the barn door after the horse has bolted is a waste of time and being negative. Trying to be positive instead, I think the simplest thing to do is just make sure that Sellers do use the Owner's Comment Box to specifically clarify that the 4 Map Pieces are the same or different or a mix of some of the same and different ones - the words do not matter but the information must be clear.

All it needs is for Maarten, myself and Anna just to review multiple Map Piece auctions and make sure that the Owner's Comment Box is being used to provide the clarification. We would also amend in Item Name and Item Panel discrepancies as we do as part of normal practice anyway. Any items that are wrong can be corrected by the Moderator or returned (if this is more appropriate!) for the owner to edit/change and relist. Less hassle and good practice that can be monitored and ensured.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

I like the solution to enforce a descriptive note with the auction. Like a conset it's often sold in sets and selling them loose can be a pain. So I would agree with returning auctions to have a note added. Or if there are already bids just leaving a comment.

Either way, should a seller end up reporting someone for not buying 4 of the same map pieces and no specific note of it (despite our best efforts to return the auctions in time), we wont take action against the bidder refusing to buy.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile E-mail

I agree with Maarten, a note is enough, its even searchable as well.

Its not a big thing, but having been on the french auction site as well I know how little things like a note can make a world of difference and a whole less heartache

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail