[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Unavailability to Trade.
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Forum rules

The use of this forum is limited by these .

Trading on these forums is not allowed.
Ignoring this rule will result in a forum ban.

Unavailability to Trade. 
Staff

Post Re: Unavailability to Trade.
If someone is away for longer than a few days they must (or at least they should!) use "Vacation Mode" which closes out any existing Open auctions without bids upon them. The website provides advice that Sold auctions should be traded before the vacation mode is commenced. The idea of "Vacation Mode" is to freeze the auctions until the owner returns when expired auctions can be relisted or the owner may complete any outstanding Sold auctions.

As far as I know "Vacation Mode" has not been abused although it has been used incorrectly but not to anyone's advantage or disadvantage. If I saw or received Reports of abuse of "Vacation Mode" then I will take action appropriate to the nature of the abuse.

My proposal for "Unavailable Mode" is short term, will not freeze or expire any auctions and the 14 day allowed for trade is not impacted.

"Unavailable Mode" merely creates a means to communicate the status of the member to the other party so that (a) they are aware of the absence, (b) know the absence is of short duration and (c) we should see less frustration where people want something now but can't get it and don't know if they ever will - now they can see the absence and know the reason for the delay and deal with it in their own way.

If anyone abuses the "Unavailable Mode" then they will find it self-deafeating as the 14 Day window to trade is not impacted and so reapeated use of "Unavailable Mode" would simply indicate reluctance to trade and resultin appropriate action by a Moderator in due course.

In my time of using GW Auctions I have seen instances of soldiers having to go on manoevres of short duration, people needing hospital visits and stays, people going away for weekends, business people on week long business journeys and other short-term absences. I am often away for a couple of days when I go visit my Daughter, play golf with my Son-in-Law and spend valuable time with my Grand-daughter.

"Vacation Mode" has not been a suitable tool for these short trips away and I see "Unavailable Mode" fulfilling that gap and providing system information to the Traders who have interst in the 'missing' member's auctions. If I abuse this mode then Maarten can always fire me!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail

fire you huh?
so is a bear roast anything like a pig roast? :P
LOL just picking bearz :)

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile E-mail

I had sent a suggestion to Maarten about something dealing with adding a section to our profile that would allow us to put in our weekly trading schedule by days. I'll post it up as a suggestion. I just know it would prove useful for me cause with my upcoming promotion I'm not gonna have set working hours anymore.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 am