[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Request for a way to offer HoM weapons
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Forum rules

The use of this forum is limited by these .

Trading on these forums is not allowed.
Ignoring this rule will result in a forum ban.

Request for a way to offer HoM weapons 

Post Request for a way to offer HoM weapons

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Post Re: Request for a way to offer HoM weapons
You were asked to remove the auction as you are offering a service not a specific item. Any Oppressor weapon is too generic although you are welcome to list all Oppressor Weapons you have created.

Strictly speaking, you are not in possession of the generic weapon you are offering to create at the time of creating the auction. This, strictly speaking, goes against the Terms of Service which requires the auction item to exist and be retained by the Auction Owner.

However, we are aware of the demand for such useful services so we specifically allow such services to be offered on the Forums under "Other/Runs & Services" where such open tasked services can be readily seen along with contact details and competive pricing.

We could, if it were to help, create a specific Section for "Endgame Weaponry Services" (sic) at the same level as "Runs & Services"?

The main reason for this policy is that this leaves the Auction Pages available for specific items which can be displayed with exact data as seen in-game - a functionality that avoids disputes such as "That is not what I thought I was buying!" or "That is not what I paid for!"

If you were allowed to display this type of service auction BEFORE I noticed it being inappropriate it is simply because I have been away for a wee while and have yet to wade through ALL of the auctions to identify existing new errors, new discrepancies and auctions that should be returned for deletion or amendment that were listed AFTER I had gone house-moving and then on vacation. I am now back and will try to catch up with the backlog of wrong or inappropriate auctions as fast as I can. ;)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail

No issue at all, I'll take my items elsewhere.
I've only sold 4-5 here and a lot more in game and on Guru :uhh: "bad place". I've posted a number of Oppressor weapon already crafted here but found people where asking for diff ones. As for the service runs sections on the forum it's just not used by the same level of members, and in my eyes would be a waste of a topic, as I don't plan on doing this for life :D .

Just a idea if I put up a Auction for say 1 bone + plus free oppressor weapon of your choice 50k buyout would that be ok I'm selling a item I have but the Free item can still be picked, :haha:

regards
Joyce

And I love you really Fluffy :wub:
Bearz you should get a pay rise for all the hard work you do if Maarten pays you lot that is ;)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

I do this for love and Maarten doesn't have to pay me ... Just don't tell 'er indoors! ;)

Do feel free to post your service offer of providing Oppressor Weapons on the Forum. The guys who have posted runs from Pre-Searing to Post-Searing and in-game 'runs' seem to have had successful sales and there's nothing to say you won't have the same result for weapons manufacturing services.

I'd have to bounce the composite auction you suggest as the auction must be an in-game item and be displayed as will be seen in-game. The other problem and why this discussion has to take place is that "Price records" would be screwed over by, for example, 1 bone seemingly cost 50k ... apparently. :D

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail

I know Bearz thanks for your time. would you like a bone for 50k lol

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

To put it really simple, the thing with services is that they're not items. GW Auctions was designed to trade items or stacks of items, and a lot of the functionality relies on the auctions being an in-game item. Searching for auctions, price checks and wishlists couldn't function properly if the auctions are just short messages describing a service.

Services can't be captured in a strict format like items can. The best way to offer services is by writing a message describing your service, and a forum is a perfect medium for that. You're right though that there's not nearly as many users on these forums as there are on the site. It might be possible to fix that with a bit of an advertising campaign on the shoutbox, but I hardly have the time for that.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

My 2 penny's worth how about this too see clearly hold Ctrl and scroll mouse wheel forward

Catch you on the flip side

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Great point. but I use Medals which are untradable, maybe a way to do it once I'm got all 33 chars to the end of WiK. All War supplys I cash in for gift bags, love them mini not that I'm selling one at the moment ^_^ dam I am. thanks for that Wombat. :)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

In short statement you could say you are buying the service of any Oppressor's Weapon I will make for you so you do not have to finished War in Kryta. I some time use Medal's of Honor but you get Oppressor's Weapon for your Hall of Monuments

Catch you on the flip side

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail