[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Expansion of the Ignore List
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:14 am

Forum rules

The use of this forum is limited by these .

Trading on these forums is not allowed.
Ignoring this rule will result in a forum ban.

Expansion of the Ignore List 

Post Expansion of the Ignore List
I would like to see the ignore list extended to include auctions. There are certain sellers who I do not wish to trade with no matter what they are offering and at any price. It is frustrating to find something I want at a good price only to realise it is being sold buy someone I do not wish to trade with. thus if their auctions were blocked I would not have that problem.

With the expansion could come the need to break down what actions you want to ignore from each person on your ignore list, so check boxes could be used for [ Bids | Messages | Auctions].

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Expansion of the Ignore List
I thought that was how it already worked? If someone is on your ignore list they cannot see your auctions and you can't see their's. They also cannot send you messages on the site. Perhaps I'm mistaken, I don't currently have anyone on my ignore list. LoL, Maarten's banned all the people that would have made the list :P

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

I didn't implement this at first because it would require a lot of extra database time, or so I thought. It can also be done with only a very minor performance penalty by loading the ignore list in a cache (the session) on login and update it when you change your ignore list and simply use the cached information. That eliminates the need for complex database linking and spares the database some torture.

I'll implement this, but I'm a bit low on time at the moment so it may take a while.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail

No problem. I love the site as it is. I am more than happy to wait for an improvement to an already great system.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Necrobumping this.

I'd love to have this, not because I've had trouble with other members, but rather to filter out trash and overpriced stuff. There are members who continually relist junk (such as white dedicated minis, which nobody will EVER buy) or items that are massively overpriced. There can sometimes hundreds of garbage listings just from a few people.

In my opinion, this is a serious problem with GWA and it's why I don't use the site more than I do. As a matter of fact, I'd go beyond the initial idea, and suggest we be given an option to ignore certain users auction listings *only* - rather than also blocking their PM's and bids on your own items. Not sure if that's feasible though, so I'd be happy with just expanding the ignore function to include auctions.

Thanks!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 am
Profile E-mail