[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - "Publishing" PC data offsite
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Forum rules

The use of this forum is limited by these .

Trading on these forums is not allowed.
Ignoring this rule will result in a forum ban.

"Publishing" PC data offsite 

Post "Publishing" PC data offsite

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 pm
Staff

Post Re: "Publishing" PC data offsite
Hey Luny, I see no problem with that. If anything, it's just more publicity for us while immediately helping the Guild Wars community. Sounds like a win-win situation, so you have my blessing ;)

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Thank you very much Maarten! I appreciate it, and I hope it helps folks!

Publishing data pulled manually from gwa, with everyone's permission/blessing, is as close as I can get to win-win on my own.

Now, as to true win-win ... I'd hope lots of other fansites pay you lots of juicy royalty checks to license use of the amazing system you've got here! :D That'd be ideal to my way of thinking ... hey, a Luny can dream, right?!?!

Cheers!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm
Staff

That would be something :) Then GWA might actually pay for itself, but hey, now I'm dreaming :P

Thanks for a great initiative anyway ;)

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail

I finally got that update done. Here's a link to the post on a non-GWA site where I left lots of juicy data from the history database here.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/show ... tcount=267

I hope it's ok to leave that offsite link here. I felt rather crummy not leaving some report of what I did with "stolen" GWA data. I'll understand if you need to edit this post to remove it or make it invisible to regular users, etc.

It took me even longer than I expected to get that finished, but better late than never, right? :)

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:59 pm