[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Cold As Ice Quest Help (Getting IAU)
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:06 am

Forum rules

The use of this forum is limited by these .

Trading on these forums is not allowed.
Ignoring this rule will result in a forum ban.

Cold As Ice Quest Help (Getting IAU) 

Post Cold As Ice Quest Help (Getting IAU)
:angry: I've been trying to win the quest "Cold as Ice" in order to get "IAU(I Am Unstoppable)", for my Warrior, Dervish, Ranger, Elementalist, and Monk! I want a runner or several runners...dang it! I've read all of the wiki documents and tried all of "their" variants, they just don't seem to work for me or at least I'm not doing a very good job in interpreting what it is "they" want me to do. Is there anyone who has done this quest before with these classes and could help me? I can change my Sec. Prof. to whatever is necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the GWA Community. 8)

P.S. I have seen another skill that prevents KD but only for a short (3 secs. or so) period of time. I'm sure that's how they did it in the "olden" days, before GW:EN. However, if someone/anyone knows of a comparable skill to get the job done w/o IAU for right now, I'd appreciate that knowledge as well.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:11 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Post Re: Cold As Ice Quest Help (Getting IAU)
i find this worked on all but needs lots of energy

OAJTYZcmTa2Q3qV64A5YXE7A4CA

Catch you on the flip side

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:41 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

This is just between you and me . . . . no one else must know! 8)

Look up the "Spirit Spammer" build on the PvXwiki. You can run any/Rt or Rt/any with the buffed Spirits line and not only Solo "Cold as Ice" and "The Bison Challenge" but do it in seconds flat. Its so fast it is almost like a Cheat hence don't tell anyone else.

Mums the word right! ;)

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 am
Profile E-mail

Awesome...Thanks Wombat and Thanks Bearz! Don't worry Bearz, your secret's safe with me!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail

The only "Spirit Spammer" build I found was for a Rit. primary. I tried it with my Warrior without success. I'm planning on trying Wombat's build next. It's not meant for a Warrior, but I think I can swing the Ranger part I just want "I Am Unstoppable" in order to set up a running build. The more I think of it though, there were running builds before GW:EN came out, so what skill was replaced by "IAU"? Maybe I can start with that. I don't need the build to make money, I just want it to help my wife's characters to reach certain places without taking forever. If I can't get it with my Warrior, I'll just try it with a different character. Considering my Warrior is my primary character, he's the one I want to have it all. However, if it's not possible with my level of skill then I'll have to get better or decide to give up. I just hate giving up. I'm just at my wit's end. I thank you for your help, but I may not be a good enough player to put your advice to good use. Thanks anyway.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

I think this is the build Bearz means :)
http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Any/Rt_Spirit_Farmer

I'v used it on my necro with great success so far. It did make me very lazy though

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:45 am
Profile E-mail

Maarten, Bearz, Wombat...You are all awesome. I didn't find that build but now that you (Maarten) have given me the website, I realize I was looking in the wrong direction. I was searching for a "Spirit Spammer" not a "Spirit Farmer". Thank you for pushing me in the right direction. I'll need to buy a Rit. Elite Tome for the "Signet of Spirits", however, it'll be worth it. Again, thank you Bearz for the suggestion, thank you Maarten for the guidance and thank you Wombat for an alternative, just in case I can't get the Rit. build to work. I haven't tried the "Spirit Farmer" build as of yet, but it looks promising and I think I'll be able to master it. :haha: You all have made me a better player and much thanks goes to you. 8)

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:06 am
Profile E-mail

It's official...We can close out this thread and archive it...With your help (Bearz, Maarten, and Wombat) I've finally beaten the Glacial Griffon and claimed "IAU"! I don't suck as bad as I thought. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to do it in this timely of a manner without your expert advice.

Thank you so very much.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail