[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Firefox issue
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Firefox issue 
Staff

Post Firefox issue
Report #2206 refers.

Reported by Farlo: "The page, running on Firefox 4.0 Beta 3, doesn't scale correctly horizontally and there is a bit of overhang and a bar at the bottom. Not a big thing, but kind of annoying." ;)

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Post Re: Firefox issue
I'm not seeing any issues with Firefox 4.0 Beta 4. I suggest updating to the latest beta. If you still have problem then, please take a screenshot so I can see what the problem is.

On a side note, it's a beta for a reason. It could easily be a glitch in the Firefox beta instead of the site. But it's worth investigating either way. Either to fix the site, or to fix Firefox ;)

I'll contact Farlo with this request in case he doesn't read the forums.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Thanks Maarten. :)

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

I think the issue Farlo was experiencing has been fixed. It wasn't Firefox's fault :P

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:48 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

Hmmm? I have lost view of the Shoutbox in IE8 ... I can just see the top of the Shoutbox peeping above the main table. :(

The Shoutbox is visible on the Forum pages. :S

EDIT / Actually the fail is in my RSS Reader AWASU. IE8 is okay. But that is a problem for me as I monitor GW Auctions in real time using the Reader. :(

EDIT+ / I flipped AWASU over to using Firefox and the problem is cured but it still leaves the question, what has changed that is causing the Shoutbox to slip down and behind the main table when AWASU is using IE8 as the default browser?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

I don't know, but it sounds weird. IE8 shows it fine, but Awasu using IE8 not? :uhh:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Yup. I have Firefox and IE8 installed.

I've flipped AWASU over to using Firefox and it is fine but if AWASU is set for IE8 it seems to drop the Shoutbox down and behind the main table ... I just see the top of the Shoutbox but everything else of the Shoutbox is hidden behind the main table. :(

If I open GW Auctions in IE8 proper or Firefox, the Shoutbox displays fine. :)

I usually have AWASU open and checking new items and the Shoutbox which means I can respond to any issues immediately as AWASU can be set to reload and let me read the RSS Feed regularly. I am thinking it is an ActiveX problem but what do I know! ;)

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

I think I may have fixed it, though I haven't been able to reproduce the error. Could you test it in Awasu?

I do recommend using Firefox after testing again though, just because it's better :p

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Yes. All good in AWASU now using IE as the format.

Just for information AWASU supports IE or Mozilla and the tool option exists to select to display in either format. May I presume that selecting Mozilla means I am actually choosing Firefox? I only ask as AWASU does say that Firefox in AWASU is experimental and subject to issues ... hence my preference to set IE as the default for AWASU.

Because the ActiveX files for Firefox seem to be forever changing I have an uneasy respect for Firefox and so I have stuck with IE as it is a more stable Browser and less subject to tweaking

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

The major releases of Firefox are checked pretty thoroughly. If they just mention Mozilla, they may mean using the Gecko layout engine. I'm not up to speed with Gecko releases, but they generally beat the Trident engine MS uses. I didn't know there was an ActiveX control for the Gecko engine though. It may be a third party project.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:08 pm
Profile E-mail