[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - Logged events
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 am

Logged events 
Staff

Post Logged events

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Post Re: Logged events
Are you sure the owner accepted the bid? The event "Auction sold" means the auction changed to the state "sold" and is unpersonalized. There is another event, namely "Bid accepted" for when the owner accepted the bid. If you are sure the owner accepted the bid I have to go bug hunting, but otherwise it simply means the sever was the one to mark the auction as sold.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Hmmm! That's what I wondered at first and asked a direct question of the Seller in the Shoutbox. The Buyer shouted back that devilheaven had accepted the 500g bid and that they had just traded the item successfully.

The item was subsequently marked up as traded by the Buyer . . . .

It was also odd as the duff Platinum bid was made and comment attached 9 minutes BEFORE I did the conversion. As I recall - at the time that I did the conversion -the item was still unsold.

It was only when I revisited the auction a very short few minutes later that I saw the item was marked "Sold" - apparently, according to the Log BEFORE I had done the conversion. Hence my Shouted question to the Seller to which the Buyer replied that everything was okay.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Maybe the person shouting he accepted the bid didn't mean the technical "accept" on the site but simply understanding the problem and traded for 500g instead of 500k. It is very likely that the auction ran it's full length. If you look at the time it got "sold", it is 16:00:04. Only four seconds after the hour chance, which is the time that auctions normally expire/get sold. 4 seconds is well within the normal margin.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

That might explain it then. I had not looked to see when the auction was due to expire - I just saw it was not yet sold, did the conversion and let the Buyer know his duff bid was now corrected.

Quite why I went back to look at the auction I cannot tell you but I can say it caused me a bit of consternation to see that it had been apparently become "Sold" before I had made the conversion AND that, sequentially, it looked like GW Auctions had accepted the 500k bid before I had converted it! :P

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail