[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - bb codes help
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 am

bb codes help 

Post bb codes help
on the bb codes help for the 'url' i belive a bracket is missing/in the wrong place or somin like that, it might just be me tho :P

frozen

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

Post Re: bb codes help
Looks good to me, could you be more specific as to where the bracket ought to be? :)

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:33 pm
Profile E-mail

its not the bracket, its the ... inside it [url...] what does it mean and why is it nescerry?

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

it means that's where you put your url. The example should be clear right?

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail

[url=...]Text[/url]
is how it is on the help section, should the ellipse not be redundent or after the text?

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

The first bit [url=...] is the actual URL (Uniform Resource Locator or Web Address) which you can copy-paste into where the dots are, e.g. [url=http://www.bearzcave.com/jukebox.htm]

The "Text" can be anything you like as it is free text, e.g jukebox or bearz music or link or here

The last bit is the html code needed to close off an HTML command and is typically the same command preceded by a slash "/"

Thus the code, written in full, will produce the text hyperlinked to the URL/Web Address provided, i.e.

/Edit .... Deleted as not stictly true!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail

ahhh right kkk, i put the adress in the text bit tho(and it worked), thats whats confused me :P

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Staff

oh no, that didn't work :P If you mean the link in the shoutbox, if you click it you will notice it points to "htp://" which is not a valid url

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail

i C, it doesnt link 2 anything lol my bad, soz 4 wasting ur time :(

frozen

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail