[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
GW Auctions Forums - View topic - HELP! - Some word of advice needed
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:39 pm

HELP! - Some word of advice needed 

Post HELP! - Some word of advice needed
Hi all,

I need some advice. I have a guild in an alliance that is headed a different course. The alliance wishes to own a town, and for this we need a certain amount of faction.

We (the guild) are having a tough time recruiting, mostly because our guildname is very specific. It's a guild made up of real-life friends as GL and officers.

Because we don't rly know if we rly want to own a town, we are stuck in a difficult dilemma. We like the alliance very much, but we probably can't keep up with the pace that faction is collected with. And if we can, with a lot of effort from just a few ppl.

So basically our options are:

* Leave the alliance and search for another fun alliance (doable, but nontheless not easy)
* Find a way to recruit more ppl into the guild collecting faction (very hard)
* Disband our guild and join an excisting guild, which is hard because of the structure of our current guild (the real-life friends deal). We wish to stay together, but if we join another guild, the GL and officers may split us up, because not everyone is as active as another. And some of us might get kicked.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 am
Staff

Post Re: HELP! - Some word of advice needed
The Wombats [UK]

Guild over 2 years old with helpful players. We have full Guild Hall : Ventrilo : Web page : We are Kurzicks, Part of Alliance, Manly PvE, Faction points NOT required but have having fun is, come and join the fun.

Bergenbier Is Made In [BLAJ]= The Flame Of Ash = Alliance Leader

Hi Ash is our Alliance Leader we are made up by manly Traders on GWAuctions come and join us

Wombat

IGN:- Wombat The One

Catch you on the flip side

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 am
Profile E-mail

So,

how many more guild can this alliance hold? And how big is the chance that the faction will be req. some day? Cause when we entered this last alliance, we had no req. But now we do.

Greetz, Mindbender

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:53 am
Staff

hi we are an alliance of 5 guilds between all guilds have 77k points and i would leave and make new alliance if we had to get points

Wombat
Guild Leader
The Wombats

Catch you on the flip side

Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 am
Profile E-mail
Staff

As soon as an Alliance starts to set down rules for belonging to the Alliance - whatever the merits of the Alliance - I would want to get out of it.

The problem is that Alliances don't own towns/outposts - Guilds do - so only the top dog Alliance Guild will get the honour of 'owning a town'.

Apart from the honour of owning a town the only real advantage that I know of is cheaper keys and sundries like Salvage Kits but for the sake of 0-50g extra someone is always willing to sell keys at cost or just a little mark up!

I thoroughly recommend the Flame of Ash's [BLAJ] Alliance as my Guild is in that Alliance too (I mean the one I belong to - I would never have my own Guild as it is too much like hard work to maintain it! ;) ). It is a friendly Alliance and the guys (and gals) are not only friendly but do some tremendous stuff in-the-game (via the Alliance) that they might not do in their separate Guilds.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi,

I have added your alliance leader to my friends list. But it seems like we are never on at the same time. Could either of you ask him to contact me whenever he's online? I'd love to be a part of your alliance. Would be nice to have no stress about faction and being able to farm at the same time to produce a title.

Thnx, Mindbender

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:38 pm